(Timed Word Challenge)
Longing to forget those words, yet
they echo, resonate, through my mind –
ricochet, a bullet against walls – no escape
from the pain, insanity – soldiers in a line
Scram words of hate, why always berate
Wishing, needing – everything to go blank –
salvation, sanctuary, from this brain cramp
Beseeching, whom? Anyone! On my knees
Dreaded Echo of cruel words, please cease
this infernal siege
The word count is 61 words including title and subtitle.
The very lovely and very talented Pepperanne (https://fieldofthorns.wordpress.com) invited me to do this. I knew I was going to find it challenging but I wanted to give it a shot. So I did, and I can’t say I’m especially pleased with the result at all; I had no idea my mind was going to take me where it did. I also found it really hard not being able to go back and edit anything. I find it even harder publishing it, as it is, but that was the deal.
I am going to invite the following bloggers to try this. Obviously it is just an invitation and you do not have to accept it – no pressure guys 🙂
Matt (https://reluctantprophetspeaks.wordpress.com) – I know you’ve just done this but I get the feeling you don’t mind those type of challenges 😉
Below are the rules, and your topic will be at the very bottom.Please have fun with this (more than me, is what I mean, ha!)
1) Open an MS word document (or any other editor).
2) Set a stop watch or a mobile for 5-10 minutes.
3) Your topic is at the foot of this post. DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4) Fill the word document with as much wordage as you want, once you start writing, don’t stop.
5) DO NOT cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check (this is only meant for you to reflect on your control over sensible thought flow).
6) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals.
7) At the end of your post write down the number of words.
8) Do not forget to copy and paste the entire passage to your blog post with a new topic.
Your topic — Desert
Image credit: chaos-echo.deviantart.com